Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Let's get real... First post... first step

I've wanted to do this for a while... start a blog.  I've actually tried to start it a few times, but never quite felt like I started it off on the right foot.  Still not sure I'm starting right, but as I heard once.... it can't be great til you start, but you have to start to be great.  So here it is.

I guess this is where I say why I'm writing and what I hope to accomplish, right?  My story isn't terribly dramatic.  It isn't some fantastic tale that no one can relate to.  It certainly isn't the stuff of legends.  So why write? Why put it out there for everyone to see?  After all, I'm nowhere near perfect and I'm going to make mistakes.

Fact is that mistakes aren't the worst things in the world.  Human beings learn from mistakes.  We also learn from other people's mistakes, although much to the chagrin of parents everywhere, we tend to learn more from our own than from what other people tell us.  But, we do learn from them.

I've made my share of mistakes and will probably make more.  I've also read a lot of different books and different people's stories and learned a lot from them.  Writing things down is one of the lessons I've learned in trying to get and maintain control of my finances.  Wanting to help others has always been an aspiration.  So, blogging about my financial adventure, triumphs and mistakes, became the logical step in the process.

The good, the bad and the ugly... it's all going to be here.  Hopefully there will be a few tidbits of valuable information or at least a worthwhile mistake that a reader will enjoy hearing about.  And with any luck, we'll all come out of it financially better off than when we started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Money only buys a small measure of happiness, and then only for those who have the wisdom to use it properly. - Steven Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment